Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Sunday's Best

      The layout I am about to share today originally was going to be about our worst rain in Feb. of 2018 but the papers I decided to use dictated a different path so I had to change photos. I used the Stuck? Sketches Mar. 1 challenge 
   Here is my take, as you can see a rain/flooding picture wouldn't have worked that well with all the colors I chose.
Supplies: cardstock (Bazzill Basics), pattern paper (Fancy Pants Designs and Crate Paper), die cuts (Heidi Swapp, Pretty Little Studio, and Chic Tags), embroidery floss (We R Memory Keepers),  foam squares, foil (Heidi Swapp), tools (Minc), stickers (Fancy Pants Designs and A Beautiful Mess), doily (DoodleBug Designs), and mist (Tattered Angels) 

   The layers here just make me my heart happy. I hand cut the circles and flowers and add some foam adhesive to give it a little dimension. I add a stitched circle to ground the design. 

   The foil butterfly was done with the Minc. I love that machine but wished it didn't draw so much energy, it also causes my lights to flicker. Now I either run during the day so that is the only thing on or a night with a flashlight, aka tablet light. 

4 comments:

  1. Love the soft colors. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful, the embellishing is perfect! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that large title and the stitching, fab page, thanks for playing along with Stuck?!Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful page! Love all the detail work! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete