Thursday, February 26, 2015

Farmhouse Color Challenge

   Every week Canvas Corp Brands highlights a color palette. This week's palette is inspired by Farmhouse. I played along this week and added my own tweaks to it. As in instead of a deep green I went with a brighter version. 
  
Supplies for Canvas Corp Brands
Pots & Pans ivory
 Other supplies:
kraft cardstock (The Paper Studio)
doily (Doodlebug Design) - not in photo
mask (Prima)
pom-pom trim (Simplicity)

I am going to share with you the steps on how to create this page. 

Step 1. Mist the background paper with the Plain Jane mist. Splatter the Mantis chalkboard mist. Highlight some of the baking terms and items with the glaze.

Step 2. Add your cardstock and pattern papers.

Step 3. Mist the doily mask with the Plain Jane and chalkboard mists.

Step 4. Adhere polka dot paper and burlap. Use a nice thick liquid glue to adhere the burlap.
Step 5. Use the same glue to adhere the tags onto the fabric area. You can use regular adhesive for the one that is touching the paper.

Step 6. Tie twine to the recipe card and slide behind the top layer of pattern paper. This will be where you can write your recipe out on or the journaling.
Step 7. Add my all time favorite embellishment, a doily.

Step 7. Adhere mat and photo.
  This page is about a new recipe I found on Pinterest for Quinoa Pudding, think rice pudding. I made it last year for my mom on Mother's Day. She loved it.
   I would love to hear from my readers on how you like the step-by step photos on how I created my projects. Is there too many pics or steps, should I combine steps, etc? Am input is greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment