Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Capturing Life

   Since becoming so involved in work with design teams I like to make a page after the year to document my favorite project for each team I was on for that year. Last year, I had the honor to work on three teams, Child's Play Challenges, Scrapbook Challenges and Simple Sketches. Because I am mostly a single page scrapper I knew I need three photo sketch and I came across one from
My Creative Scrapbook  I am also adding this in Scrapbook Circle's current technique challenge: rub-ons. Like most people I have a hate relationship with them but I do have a couple of brands that I have found that work, Studio Calico, My Mind's Eye and sadly the no longer in business Hambly Prints.
http://mycreativesketches.blogspot.com/2015/02/february-sketch.html
   Here is my take on it. I am entering this in Crafty Steals current monthly challenge - grid, Scrapbook Circle's technique challenge - rub-ons  and My Creative Scrapbook sketch challenge
Supplies: cardstock (The Paper Studio), pattern paper (Echo Park), washi tape (Hazel & Ruby, Studio Calico and Scotch Brand), journaling cards (Project Life), doily (Doodlebug Design), stamps (Deep Red Rubber and Studio Calico kit exclusive), stickers (The Robin's Nest), electronic die cutter and cartridge (Provo Craft), rub-ons (Hambly Screen Prints), ink (Memento), gelato (Faber-Castell), tags (Elle's Studio), wood veneer (?), sequins (Tree House Studio). sewing machine and white thread. 

   On this page, I went a little washi tape crazy. The background is a piece of kraft cardstock covered in washi tape. I ended up using four different rolls. I am addicted to that stuff and I don't see it leaving my stash any time soon.  This page documents last year's design team projects. I did projects for three different teams and I picked a favorite from each team used those photos.  
   I was inspired by the pattern paper collection I used on this page. It is by Echo Park and it is called Capture Life. 
   I normally, would avoid the rub-ons but I knew I had some doily ones that I wanted to use on this page. These things are super old and I was shocked they worked. On the wood veneer flowers I colored it with gelatos, stamped it and layered a rub-on on top of it.

Here is a close-up on the journaling. I love Project Life cards for my journaling on layouts. I am not a Project Lifer but I do have a little stash of these super pretty cards. Yes, I might also be addicted to those too.

3 comments:

  1. Love your take on the sketch! So fun!! Great title work too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome work using the sketch, thank you for joining the My Creative Scrapbook sketch challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Love this! Thanks for playing with My Creative Sketches..

    ReplyDelete