Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Studio Canvas

   I rarely show my canvases on my blog. The reason I think is that it is a non-design team project and I feel that I always have a mile long to-do list  and not enough time to do just for fun posts. That will soon change. I want to start blogging more and not just assignments. 

   This summer I came across this quote from Scrapbook.com. 

   When I saw it I knew I need to d o a canvas for my studio because over 50% of the time my studio is a MESS. That is the only down fall of having a room just to create in. You can close the door when it is a mess. 

Supplies: cardstock (The Paper Studio), pattern paper (Fancy Pants Design and Ruby & Hazel), stickers (The Robin's Nest, Pebbles Inc. and Making Memories), transparency (American Crafts), modeling paste (Liquitex), mask (Studio Calico), gelatos (Faber-Castell), washi tape (Ruby & Hazel), electronic die cutter and cartridges (Provo Craft), mist (Tattered Angels), sequins (Tree House Studio), gems (Bo Bunny), charm (?), pom-pom trim, sewing machine, black thread, canvas, and mini clothespins.  

   I first started by covering the canvas by covering it with paper. I then colored it with gelatos and mists. While, it was drying I stitched the transparency to cardstock and filled it with sequins.  The next step was doing the finishing touches. Modeling paste, trim, clothespins, gems, and a charm. The final step took a little time. I die cut letters and colored stickers black and adhered them to the transparency. The finish results were something I love and it now hanging proudly on my studio wall. 


   Here are a couple of close-ups. 



No comments:

Post a Comment