Monday, July 14, 2014

Halloween in July?

   Yes, in the middle of summer I am scrapping halloween photos of last year's pet costume contests. I took Buster to Petco )he came is second. The minions beat him) and I also went to Soldan's contest that was held at a movie theater (he didn't place but came home with a big bag full of prizes).  Yes, I dressed up as a hippie with Buster a the last contest since it was pet and pet parent. It took me about a week to complete Buster's outfit. My favorite part was the wig.
 
   This week is sketch #402 reveal over at Scrapbook Challenges.
    First, I must say my Halloween theme scrapbooking items are small. I have two paper collections, a mini pad and a handful of embellishments. I don't find it that challenging to do this holiday since I like using my basic items in new ways.
 Supplies: cardstock (The Paper Studio), pattern paper (Authentique and Echo Park), eashi (My Mind's Eye), stickers (My Mind's Eye and Authentique ), electronic die cutter and cartridge (Provo Craft), paperclip (Maya Road), chipboard (Um Wow Studio), journaling card (Project Life), mist (Studio Calico), modeling paste (Liquidex), mask (Hazel & Ruby), DIY enamel dots, doily and wiggle eyes.

   This was the first time I used one of the masks from Hazel & Ruby with modeling paste. I love that they are sticky on the back of the mask so I didn't have to worry about them moving around while I was smearing the paste. See that sticker with the bike wasn't halloween theme but it look of it fits well with this page. 
 Here is a close up on the journaling. I am loving the shape clips by Maya Road.
 By taking a pair of wiggle eyes and sticking them in the O's I was able to add a spooky/silly element.
Thanks for dropping by and I hope you had a great weekend. 

2 comments:

  1. This is too cute! You did a great job using non-Halloween elements to create a very Halloween page. I like the googly eyes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buster is so adorable! Your layout is beautiful and I love what you did with the non-Halloween themed products!

    ReplyDelete