Saturday, January 18, 2014

Hi Sundhine

This week at Simple Sketches is another great design team reveal that used #21 sketch.
I was inspired by the sun bean on this sketch so I knew for sure I wanted to work with some summer photos of my mom when she was little at Grand Haven. 
Supplies: pattern paper (Crate Paper), twine (Timeless Twine), doily (Sunny Side-up Bakery),, wood veneer (Studio Calico), sticker ( Fancy Pants Designs and American Crafts), chipboard ( Bo Bunny), flair (Studio Calico), sequins ( Treehouse Studio), diy enamel dots and staples.
I love scrapping out of order and season. It gives a chance to change supplies often so I don't get tired of what is in my stash. Plus, can you think of any better time to scrap summer pics. It is winter and where I live you get the full effects of it but I like it.
Anyways, the background paper looks like it was made to be used with this sketch. It looks like clouds but with an rainbow of colors. It was for Maggie Holmes first collection. Yes same last name but no relation. To create the sun I drew a partial circle, and glued some enameled dots inside of the border. I also glued some sequins in there too to give it some depth.
Be sure to stop by Simple Sketches to see our newest member.

No comments:

Post a Comment