Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Texture and Circular Challenge

   This month's technique challenge over at Embellish Me Happy is  to use circles  This is the main challenge but over at EMH we like to make it a little more fun. Here are some ideas that complement this challenge
   1.  Using Texture!  There are so many ways to use texture other than using cardstock that is textured:/  Using glitter, paints, crumbled paper, tearing paper, feathers, twine, stitching, flock, you name it!  See and some of you thought it just stopped at textured cardstock.
   2. In light of Mother's Day I know you all will have plenty of photo's to scrap so Make this your focus for this challenge.  Anything that will represent this day. 
   3. Use the colors red and Pink or Just Red or just Pink but you must one of the two colors!
 
   I tackled this challenge head one. If you know my work you know I love texture. I used texture paste on the banners. I added texture with twine, gems, stick pin, trims, etc.  This page is also of my mom. We were celebrating her last birthday at our apartment.
Supplies: cardstock (The Paper Studio), pattern paper (Cosmo Cricket), cards (Webster's Pages and October Afternoon) stickers (American Crafts and Studio Calico), twine (Timeless Twine),decorative tape (Target and Doddle Bug Designs), stamps (EK Success), spray mist (Heidi Swapp), ink (Stampabilites and Quick Quotes) chalk pencils (Pebbles Inc.), gems (The Eyelet Outlet), stick pin and button (Webster's Pages), clothes pin, texture paste (Liquidex) doily and pom-poms,
I love how this page came out it has my favorite products on it and some great pictures. Don't you just love my haircut in the photo. Don't we all have bad haircuts when you were little. I know I so did.
The sponsor for this month is from My Wise Designs. One lucky entrant will get this lovely pack of journaling cards.
 
Link up you creations here for a chance for the prize.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment